Methoni – Greek language and culture summer course
Greek conversation workshop
Pre-intermediate – Intermediate – Advanced levels
AUGUST 2021: 18/08/21 – 26/08/21
|TYPE OF COURSE||DATES||COST|
|Greek conversation workshop||18/08/21 – 26/08/21||390 €|
|ACCOMMODATION||PERIOD||SINGLE ROOM||DOUBLE ROOM|
|Hotel Castello Methoni||AUGUST||60€ per night||60€ per night|
|Hotel Giota||AUGUST||65€ per night||65€ per night|
METHONI – Greek conversation workshop Book now!
- Are you tired of learning only grammar rules and vocabulary lists? Is it difficult to communicate and express yourself in Greek?
The Greek conversation course workshop is ideal for you! It focuses on what is most important: Communication and speaking in Greek. You will improve your speaking and communication skills in daily life situations and in a variety of topics of your interest: Greek culture, history, art, social issues and many more. In this way you will interact more efficiently with your Greek friends and relatives. You will be able to express more clearly your thoughts or your ideas and understand others.
- Join one of the three levels we offer according to your current knowledge of Greek: Pre-intermediate, Intermediate, and advanced levels.
You are in good hands! Alexandria Institute’s Greek teachers are qualified, specialized and experienced in teaching Greek as a foreign language. Most of all are passionate about Greek language and culture. This ensures that you will progress fast and that you will have a lot of fun.
- Moreover, the course is combined with lectures, outdoor activities and various tours helping students become more familiar with contemporary Greek culture.
This summer join our classes with students from all around the world, speak Greek, make friends and explore Methoni, a unique and historic place, situated in the South West Peloponnese. Discover the fascinating small town of Methoni with the uncontaminated beaches, the impressive Venetian Castle and other important monuments, the gastronomy, nature, music, and culture of one of the most beautiful places in Greece.
- Enjoy a cultural vacation of great value in this unique site treating yourself something special: learning and practicing Greek. From Methoni it will be possible to take one day trips to the island of Sapientza, Nestor’s Palace, the Mycenaean tombs of Pylos, the Ancient Messene and other fantastic destinations.
SCHEDULE OF THE WORKSHOP
• The Greek conversation workshop will be held in the public school of Methoni. Classes take place from August 18 to August 26. Each level is 16 hours in total, divided into 8 days of lessons, 2 hours per day, from 09:00 to 11:00 or from 11:15 to 13:15.
• Students usually arrive and check in on August 17, one day before the beginning of the lessons. You are invited to the welcome dinner where you will meet your teachers and your fellow students.
• On August 22 there are no lessons. This day will be dedicated to various cultural activities or excursions (optional).
• On August 26 on the last day of lessons we are going to have our graduation ceremony and you will take your diploma.
• Students usually check out one day after the end of the lessons on August 27.
• The exact schedule will be defined few days before the beginning of the lessons. If you want to practice more intensively you can join two levels of your choice. It is up to the Alexandria Institute to make changes in the schedule or the location of the lessons if necessary.
TYPE OF COURSES – LEVELS
Alexandria Institute offers the Greek conversation workshop to pre-intermediate (A2), intermediate(B1/B2) and advanced (C1/C2) level students. Below are the requirements for attending each level.
LOCATION & ACCOMMODATION
The program will be held at Methoni’s public school.
We can arrange your accommodation if you like. We collaborate with the following hotels:
Hotel Castello Methoni is located in the center of Methoni. It offers single or double rooms without breakfast, they are equipped with air conditioning, telephone, fridge and TV.
Hotel Giota is located in the center of Methoni. It offers single or double rooms without breakfast. All rooms are simply furnished and equipped with air conditioning and TV .
The course is organized by Alexandria Institute (Athens) with the collaboration of the public school of Methoni. The course in Methoni was originally projected and organized from 2002 to 2012 by Meduproject s.r.L. and it’s director prof. Andrea Nanetti with the collaboration of Arethas Institute (Athens) for Mediterranean Cultural Heritage Projects and the Centre for History and Palaeography of the Cultural Foundation of the National Bank of Greece under the auspices of the Faculty of Preservation of Cultural Heritage of Bologna (Ravenna) and the Faculty of Arts, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”.
THE GREEK CONVERSATION WORKSHOP includes:
- The course: 16 hours of lessons divided into 8 days taught by native teachers with experience in teaching Greek as a foreign/second language. That is 4 + 4 days of lessons with a break of 1 day dedicated to excursions and various cultural activities (optional).
- All teaching material (books, photocopies, CD).
- The welcome drink or the dinner.
- The dinner at the end of the course.
- Certificate of attendance
For friends or couples there is a 10% discount off in the tuition fees. Group enrolments (3 or more participants) of the same level have a discount of 15%.
Deadline for registration and payment for METHONI ONE MONTH before the beginning of the lesson.