PAROS ISLAND – Modern and Ancient Greek Language and Culture Summer Course
05 JULY- 16 JULY 2021
19 JULY – 30 JULY 2021
|TYPE OF COURSE||DATES||TWO WEEKS||ONE WEEK|
|Modern and Ancient Greek Language and Culture||05/07-18/07||590 €||390 €|
|Modern and Ancient Greek Language and Culture||19/07-01/08||590 €||390 €|
|ACCOMMODATION||DATES||SINGLE ROOM||DOUBLE ROOM|
|Arkas Inn Hotel||05/07-18/07||47€ per night||63€ per night|
|Arkas Inn Hotel||19/07-01/08||47€ per night||63€ per night|
Launching an exciting partnership with Arkas Inn Hotel, this program takes place in Paros and is designed for students who want to make rapid progress in Modern Greek and deepen their understanding of Greece and its culture. It offers an intensive language course at beginner, intermediate and advanced level. The course consists of 40 hours, divided across 10 days, and includes reading, speaking, grammar and writing. It also provides an insight into Greek culture and civilization with particular focus on Paros and the Cyclades. Special courses of Modern Greek Literature and Culture and of Ancient Greek are offered on request. Our Greek teachers are qualified, specialized and experienced in teaching Greek as a foreign language. Moreover the course combines lectures, outdoor activities and various tours helping students become more familiar with contemporary Greek life and culture.
“We Learn Greek” in Paros, the fourth biggest island of Cyclades with unrivaled natural beauty, archaeological and historical sites, beaches with crystal clear waters, exceptional Byzantine footpaths connecting traditional villages and breathtaking landscapes. It thereby makes an ideal destination for a range of visitors, from those who prefer a quiet family holiday to those who revel in nightlife and exciting adventures.
• Sunday, July 04, 2021. Arrival in Paros and check in (ARKAS INN).
• Monday, July 05 – Friday, July 9 and Monday, July 12– Friday, July 16, from 9:00 to 13:00. Lessons in ARKAS INN.
• Friday, July 16, 2021. Graduation with representatives of Alexandria Institute and Greek local authorities.
• Saturday, July 17, 2021. Departure from Paros.
• Sunday, July 18, 2021. Arrival in Paros and check in (ARKAS INN).
• Monday, July 19 – Friday, July 23 and Monday, July 26 – Friday, July 30, from 9:00 to 13:00. Lessons in ARKAS INN.
• Friday, July 30, 2021. Graduation with representatives of Alexandria Institute and Greek local authorities.
• Saturday, July 31, 2021. Departure from Paros.
AVAILABLE COURSES – LEVELS
Alexandria Institute offers intensive Modern Greek language and Culture courses for beginners, intermediate and advanced level students.
In addition to the general courses, we offer the following special courses:
The program will be held on Paros island, at ARKAS INN hotel (http://www.arkasinn.gr). We can offer students an accommodation in this traditional Cycladic lodging, located on the golden beach of Logara. Facing the sea these studio apartments are built on the slopes of a hill only 150 meters far from the Logara and Piso Livadi beaches. The hotel is approximately 20 km from the capital and port of Paros, Parikia.
The hotel is characterized by calmness, natural beauty and excellent services. All rooms are equipped with a fridge, cooking surface, telephone, TV, air-conditioning and Wi-Fi connection. They have a balcony overlooking the sea and the island of Naxos, in the distance. Its advantageous location, its panoramic view of the deep blue sea, its unique beach and its top quality services and amenities make ARKAS INN the ideal choice for you to study Greek and relax.
ARKAS INN hotel also offers accommodation in studio apartments with kitchen at an additional cost.
GETTING TO PAROS – ABOUT THE ISLAND
Paros is accessible during the summer daily with a ferry either from the port of Rafina, which is 45 minutes from the center of Athens and the trip lasts around 5 hours, either from the port of Piraeus, which is around 40 minutes from the center of Athens by metro (line 1) and the trip lasts around 4 hours. All year there are daily departures from Piraeus Port, and back. During the summer months there are daily departures from Rafina Port and back. The duration of the trip varies on the boat someone will choose because Paros is reachable by ferries and high speed vessels. Frequent daily buses connect El. Venizelos Airport to Rafina Port. If you choose to travel to Paros from Piraeus Port, you can take the metro (metro line 3 from the Athens International Airport and change at Monastiraki to Metro line 1, estimated journey time is 60 minutes).
Ferry tickets can be bought on site before boarding. However, we recommend that you reserve a place if you are travelling in July and August and at weekends during the summer. From the port of Parikia, you can either take a regular bus (KTEL) that connects the capital of the island with Logaras and Piso Livadi beach or you can get to Logaras and to Arkas Inn Hotel by a taxi (the cost is approximately 25.00 euros).
Paros has also a small airport and this is the reason someone may find difficulties in reserving a seat during the summer months. Paros national airport is situated 9 km to the southwest of Parikia (the capital of the island), near the village of Aliki and is connected by road to Parikia by regular buses (KTEL) and taxis. During the summer months there are 4 flights per day from Athens, still we suggest you reserve your seat early enough. Another clever idea if you wish to travel with a plane is to book a flight for the airport of Mykonos because there are many flights daily and charters to Mykonos, Greece. From Mykonos then, you can take the boat ferry to arrive to Paros. The boat ferry connection between the two islands is very frequent and convenient.
Paros is connected with the island of Antiparos, Naxos, Santorini with a ferry boat daily in the morning and in the evening, ideal destinations for day trips but also with the islands of Serifos, Sifnos, Milos, Mikonos, Syros, Tinos, Delos, Crete. If you need help with ferry time tables and tickets, please do not hesitate to contact us.
TWO WEEKS COURSE includes:
- The course: 40 hours of lessons divided into 10 days taught by native teachers with experience in teaching Greek as a foreign/ second language. That is 5 + 5 days of lessons with a break of 2 days dedicated to excursions and various cultural activities (optional).
- All teaching material (books, photocopies, CD).
- Accommodation for 13 nights in ARKAS INN hotel with breakfast (double room shared with another student with bathroom, private balcony with sea view, fridge, cooking surface, air-conditioning, Wi Fi connection).
- A dinner at the end of the course in a typical Greek tavern or at ARKAS INN beach hotel.
ONE WEEK COURSE
Those without the possibility of staying in Greece for 2 weeks can choose a 1 WEEK COURSE, being the first week of every 2-week intensive course (day 1 till day 7, check in Sunday, check out Sunday). Please indicate the one week package type you desire (beginners, intermediate, advanced). The one week courses take place during the following dates:
THE ONE WEEK COURSE includes:
- The course: 20 hours of lessons divided into 5 days taught by native teachers with experience in teaching Greek as a foreign/second language. After the 5 days of tuition there is one free day dedicated to various cultural activities and excursions (optional).
- All teaching material (books, photocopies, CD).
- Accommodation for 7 nights in ARKAS INN hotel with breakfast (single room, with bathroom, private balcony with sea view, fridge, cooking surface, air-conditioning, Wi Fi connection).
A minimum number of 4 participants per level and a maximum of 8 students per class are required. However, it is up to the Institute whether to run courses with a fewer number of students. If a class (level) has less than 4 students, the teaching hours will be reduced to 3 hours per day if there are 3 or 2 students, or to 2 hours per day (private lessons) if there is 1 student for the same course fee. Lessons usually take place from 09:00 to 13:00. Alexandria Institute reserves the right to change the schedule or the location of the venue if it is deemed necessary.
For friends or couples who wish to attend the TWO WEEK COURSE there is a 10% discount off tuition fees. Group enrolments (3 or more participants) of the same level have a discount of 15%.
Bank transfer to Alexandria Institute (Athens). Please contact us for bank details at email@example.com or +30 215 5258 787 / +30 6972 526 788.
Deadline for registration and payment for FIRST AND SECOND PERIOD PAROS TWO MONTHS before the beginning of the lessons.
For registration or information about the Greek language and culture course at Paros, please fill in the registration form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +30 215 5258 787 / +306972526788 (Greece).